Ever sine I was a teen, I've been surprising my family with my baking experiments. These fudgy cookies are among my successes. I make several batches for friends around Christmastime.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 to 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Working with 1 cup of dough at a time, shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Holstein Crinkles in Country Woman March/April 2005, p33
Reviews for Holstein Crinkles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review