Holstein Crinkles Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 to 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Working with 1 cup of dough at a time, shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Holstein Crinkles(6)
Sort By :
its like a really soft brownie cokie my youngest daughter is not into cookies that much but she loves these
I found pre-melted chocolate that makes this recipe easier. They are gooey, chewy like a fudge brownie. Absolutely a favorite!
This cookie recipe has been around for a long time. This contributor did not "create" anything. I make them for Christmas every year and I got the recipe from a Betty Crocker cookbook!
The contributor could simply have meant "trying out new recipes." I've seen similar cookie recipes in many publications over the years. Lighten up!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >