My father and I used to order a pizza like this from a place in Tinseltown. Here's my homemade version of that delicious pie. —Michael Williams, Moreno Valley, California
Featured In: Pizza Recipes Across America
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (7 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced seeded jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a greased baking sheet, roll bread dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle, building edges up slightly. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Brush dough with olive oil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with beef, mushrooms, green pepper, jalapeno peppers if desired, olives and tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hollywood Pizza in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p76
Reviews for Hollywood Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2013
"I want home made recipe for the bread and sauce...it cannot be just anything from the store :/"