My father and I used to order a pizza like this from a place in Tinseltown. Here's my homemade version of that delicious pie. —Michael Williams, Moreno Valley, California
Featured In: Pizza Recipes Across America
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (7 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced seeded jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a greased baking sheet, roll bread dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle, building edges up slightly. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Brush dough with olive oil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with beef, mushrooms, green pepper, jalapeno peppers if desired, olives and tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hollywood Pizza in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p76
Reviews for Hollywood Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review