Meet the Cook: I've never come across another spritz cookie like this - one calling for cream cheese as an ingredient. That helps to keep these wreaths moist a long time, while also adding a delicious flavor.
Our home is on a couple of acres out in the country. We're retired, with four children and seven grandchildren.
-Dee Lein, Longmont, Colorado
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Green cherries, cut into thin slices
- Red-hot candies
- Frosting and decorator gel
- In a bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar; blend well. Stir
- in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
- Using a cookie press fitted with star tip, form dough into 2-1/2-in.
- wreaths on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12
- minutes or until set but not brown. Cool on wire racks. Decorate
- wreaths with green cherry "leaves" and red-hot candy "berries"
- attached with a drop of frosting. Add bows with decorator gel.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 178 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.