Holly Sandwich Wreath Recipe
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 egg yolks, divided
- Red and green liquid food coloring
- 1. Unroll pizza dough. Place dough side by side on a baking sheet with two short sides touching; pinch to seal. Cut a 2-in. strip from one short side; set aside. Brush the remaining dough with salad dressing within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with turkey, cheese, red pepper and onions.
- 2. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet; form a ring and pinch ends together. Beat one egg yolk; brush over dough. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for glaze, beat remaining egg yolk; divide between two custard cups. Tint one green and one red. On a floured surface, roll out reserved dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Use a small cookie cutter to cut out nine holly leaves, about 2 in. long. Or outline leaf shapes on the dough with a small new paintbrush dipped in green glaze; cut out leaves with a paring knife.
- 4. Apply green glaze to holly leaves. Shape remaining dough into nine small balls for holly berries; brush with red glaze. Arrange leaves and berries in groups of three on hot dough. Bake 5 minutes longer or until wreath is golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 224 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 934mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Holly Sandwich Wreath
"I made this recipe twice, once for a card party and for our 4th of july picnic. In lieu of the holly I made red and blue balls and grouped them in 3's. Everyone including toddlers loved it."