Holly Sandwich Wreath Recipe
Guests who have sweet expectations are in for a savory surprise when they sample warm slices of this golden wreath. Made with no-fuss pizza crust, the sandwich ring is packed with turkey, cheese, red pepper and green onions.
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 egg yolks, divided
- Red and green liquid food coloring
- 1. Unroll pizza dough. Place dough side by side on a baking sheet with two short sides touching; pinch to seal. Cut a 2-in. strip from one short side; set aside. Brush the remaining dough with salad dressing within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with turkey, cheese, red pepper and onions.
- 2. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet; form a ring and pinch ends together. Beat one egg yolk; brush over dough. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for glaze, beat remaining egg yolk; divide between two custard cups. Tint one green and one red. On a floured surface, roll out reserved dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Use a small cookie cutter to cut out nine holly leaves, about 2 in. long. Or outline leaf shapes on the dough with a small new paintbrush dipped in green glaze; cut out leaves with a paring knife.
- 4. Apply green glaze to holly leaves. Shape remaining dough into nine small balls for holly berries; brush with red glaze. Arrange leaves and berries in groups of three on hot dough. Bake 5 minutes longer or until wreath is golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC