Holly Berry Cookies Recipe
What would Christmas be without overflowing tins of cookies? These festive filled cookies are the all time favorites of my family. Back when our children were small, we began baking them the day after Halloween and put them away in the freezer.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red Hots
- Green food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk. Add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Spread jam on half of the cookies; top each with another cookie.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; spread over cookies. Decorate with Red Hots before glaze is set. Let dry. Using a small new paintbrush and green food coloring, paint holly leaves on cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Holly Berry Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC