Holly Berry Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Red Hots
- Green food coloring
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk. Add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Spread jam on half of the cookies; top each with another cookie.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; spread over cookies. Decorate with Red Hots before glaze is set. Let dry. Using a small new paintbrush and green food coloring, paint holly leaves on cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Holly Berry Cookies
Sort By :
"I look forward to making these every year. I was a bit skeptical when it came to a combination of cinnamon cookies and raspberry jam, but these really are the best cookies ever."
"I make these every year. They are delicious and add a beautifully colorful cookie to my cookie platters. They look hard, but are very easy!"