My mom gave me this recipe. I look forward to crafting and sharing the wreath every Christmas. It's crisp and chewy, and a real eye-catcher on the table.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 20 to 22 drops green food coloring
- 3-1/2 cups cornflakes
- Red-hot candies
- Red shoestring licorice and one red Dot candy, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows, butter, vanilla and food
- coloring; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the
- hat; add cornflakes and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased
- foil, forming a 9-in. wreath. Decorate with red-hots. If desired,
- form a bow with licorice and place on wreath; add Dot on top of bow.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.