Holiday Wreath Cookies
Time crunched cooks will cheer for these cute Christmas nibbles from out Test Kitchen staff. They dipped store bought butter cookies into a bright green glaze, then added decorated candies to form festive wreaths.
42 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green gel food coloring
- 1 package (16 ounces) cutout butter cookies
- Snowflake sprinkles and red decorating candies
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and
- enough water to achieve a smooth consistency. Remove 2 tablespoons
- glaze to another bowl; tint red. Cover and set aside.
- Tint remaining glaze green. Dip tops of half of the cookies in green
- glaze. (Save remaining cookies for another use.) Decorate with
- sprinkles and candies.
- Stir enough remaining confectioners' sugar into the red glaze to
- achieve piping consistency. Using a #3 round pastry tip, pipe small
- bows and ribbons onto cookies. Serve immediately or let stand until
- set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Salerno butter cookies.