Time crunched cooks will cheer for these cute Christmas nibbles from out Test Kitchen staff. They dipped store bought butter cookies into a bright green glaze, then added decorated candies to form festive wreaths.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green gel food coloring
- 1 package (16 ounces) cutout butter cookies
- Snowflake sprinkles and red decorating candies
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and enough water to achieve a smooth consistency. Remove 2 tablespoons glaze to another bowl; tint red. Cover and set aside.
- Tint remaining glaze green. Dip tops of half of the cookies in green glaze. (Save remaining cookies for another use.) Decorate with sprinkles and candies.
- Stir enough remaining confectioners' sugar into the red glaze to achieve piping consistency. Using a #3 round pastry tip, pipe small bows and ribbons onto cookies. Serve immediately or let stand until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Wreath Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p6
Reviews for Holiday Wreath Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review