- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green paste food coloring
- Assorted nonpareils and AirHeads Xtremes Sour Belt candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour, mixing well.
- Spread into prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- Using a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the center of each brownie to form a wreath (save trimmings for another use). Tint frosting green. Frost wreaths. Use Sour Belt candies to make two bows; attach to wreaths. Decorate with nonpareils as desired. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 wreaths.
Originally published as Holiday Wreath Brownies in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Holiday Wreath Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review