- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1-1/4 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 275°. Line bottoms of four greased 9x5-in. loaf pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a small bowl, toss candied fruit, raisins and walnuts with 1/2 cup flour. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in remaining flour. Fold in fruit mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Holiday White Fruitcake
"So buttery and delicious! Will be making every year."
"can this cake be made in advance and frozen? Marlene"
"This recipe had my attention the moment I saw it. Always wanted to make a white fruitcake and this recipe looked easy. It was delicious. Will definitely be on my Christmas baking list. I made just minor changes. I lined the pans with parchment paper slings for easy removal. I used 50% mixed fruit and 50% deluxe fruit (cherries and pineapple) and cooled it in the pan for nearly an hour to help it firm up before removal. I had no issues at all with slicing, it turned out perfect. A definite winner!"
"I've never been a fan of fruitcakes because they're always so dark, dense and "sticky". When I saw this one I thought it was one I could possibly eat and was I right. Very nice recipe. The flavor was great and the texture was a similar to a pound cake. I may try wrapping it in cheesecloth and soaking it in some brandy."
"Received my magazine yesterday and this recipe was the first to draw my attention. Made it today and was so disappointed. Sort of fell apart when I sliced it. Did I do something wrong?Very seldom do I take a recipe from the magazine unless it is on line and I can read reviews.This time I was excited because I am the only person I know of who likes fruit cake, so I went with instinct. Sorry"