Holiday Wassail Punch Recipe
- 4 cups apple juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 can (11.3 ounces) pineapple nectar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 8 whole allspice
- 8 to 10 orange slices
- Apple slices and fresh cranberries, optional
- 1. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, mix first six ingredients. Place cinnamon sticks and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place spice bag and orange slices in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- 2. Discard spice bag and orange slices. If desired, top punch with apple and cranberries. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 114 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Wassail Punch
"This is easy and tasty, especially if it is cold outside. If you are in a hurry, you can heat it in a pot on the stove instead of in the slow cooker. It also keeps for a few days, so if you have any left over, you can keep it and heat it up later. I wasn't sure where to find pineapple nectar when I first made it, but it is in the juice section. The brand I found is a Mexican brand called Jumex."