Holiday Truffles Recipe
I like to lavish the chocolate lovers on my list with these sumptuous truffles. They always bring me rave reviews.
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- 3/4 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Paste food coloring, optional
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt one package of chips; stir until smooth. Add 3/4 cup milk and mix well. Stir in orange extract. Repeat twice, adding peppermint extract to one portion and almond extract to the other.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm enough to shape into 1-in. balls.
- 3. Place on three separate waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Dip orange-flavored truffles twice in white candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- 5. Dip peppermint-flavored truffles in dark chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- 6. Dip almond-flavored truffles in dark chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds or coconut. Tint white coating with food coloring; drizzle over white truffles if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC