I like to lavish the chocolate lovers on my list with these sumptuous truffles. They always bring me rave reviews.
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- 3/4 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Paste food coloring, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt one package of chips; stir until smooth. Add 3/4 cup milk and mix well. Stir in orange extract. Repeat twice, adding peppermint extract to one portion and almond extract to the other.
- Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm enough to shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on three separate waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Dip orange-flavored truffles twice in white candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Dip peppermint-flavored truffles in dark chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- Dip almond-flavored truffles in dark chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds or coconut. Tint white coating with food coloring; drizzle over white truffles if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Truffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p23
Reviews for Holiday Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review