- 3 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2-1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- 3/4 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Paste food coloring, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt one package of chips; stir until smooth. Add 3/4 cup milk and mix well. Stir in orange extract. Repeat twice, adding peppermint extract to one portion and almond extract to the other.
- Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm enough to shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on three separate waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Dip orange-flavored truffles twice in white candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Dip peppermint-flavored truffles in dark chocolate coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with peppermint candies.
- Dip almond-flavored truffles in dark chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with almonds or coconut. Tint white coating with food coloring; drizzle over white truffles if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Truffles
Sort By :
I followed the recipe exactly as this was my first attempt at make truffles. They were not as creamy as expected, in fact pretty firm and tasted just like the original chocolate chips. My opinion was that they were pretty labor intensive for the end quality. I wouldn't say that they aren't worth trying again, as they were fun to decorate and looked gorgeous on the dessert tray and gift boxes. But, I would add more flavoring extract and work on making the texture creamier.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >