Holiday Tossed Salad
With its red and green ingredients, this salad is perfect for Christmas meals. Local cranberries and blue cheese make a great combination with salad greens, apples, walnuts and a simple cranberry vinaigrette. It’s a family favorite.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apples, blue cheese,
- cranberries, walnuts and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the
- remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.