"I served this fresh and colorful blend at a New Year's dinner party, and it was an instant success," relates Carol Dilcher from Emmaus, Pennsylvania. Since you use packaged greens, it takes just a few moments to put all the ingredients together.
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) raspberry vinaigrette
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, oranges, cranberries, apple, walnuts and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette just before serving; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p34
Reviews for Holiday Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review