- 1-1/2 cups Master Cookie Mix, softened
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 red or green candied cherries, halved
- Shape cookie mix into 1-in. balls; roll in egg white, then in pecans. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with a candied cherry half. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
"Of the 14 types of cookies I made for Christmas, this was the favorite for many adults. I made the recipe as stated except for the cherry. Instead I spooned a bit of jam in the center. Raspberry and strawberry, both were delicious and moist."
"The cookie is delicious and I will definitely make them again. I changed the candied cherries to raspberry jam and filled the centers before baking. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet and was careful to not overfill the centers."
"I didn't change a thing & they were very easy to make, as well as appealing & tasty."