Holiday Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
This nicely seasoned stuffing is our favorite for holiday turkeys. The classic recipe tastes good whether stuffed in the bird or baked separately, and it's versatile, too—you can add other ingredients to vary the flavor.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound day-old bread, cubed
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; add the broth, parsley, sage, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 cups.
3/4 cup equals 164 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Thanksgiving Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC