Holiday Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
This nicely seasoned stuffing is our favorite for holiday turkeys. The classic recipe tastes good whether stuffed in the bird or baked separately, and it's versatile, too—you can add other ingredients to vary the flavor.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound day-old bread, cubed
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add the broth, parsley, sage, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 cups.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Stuffing in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p278
Reviews for Holiday Thanksgiving Stuffing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2013
Came out very doughy. Suggest reducing the amount of broth used.