- 6 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced, divided
- 3 large apples, peeled and sliced, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Layer half of the sweet potatoes and half of the apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Combine brown sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle on top. Dot with butter. Pour cider over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Sweet Potatoes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p45
Reviews for Holiday Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review