- Glazed chopped pecans, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press
- onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place
- pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a
- wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes with sugar, evaporated milk,
- butter, egg, vanilla, spices and salt. Spoon over cheesecake batter.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water
- to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is
- just set and top appears dull.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or just until set. Remove springform pan
- from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour
- longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle
- cheesecake with pecans if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without pecans) equals 489 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.