Holiday Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe
Family and friends can't seem to get enough of this deliciously different cheesecake that combines my two favorite desserts—sweet potato pie and cheesecake.I think the dessert tastes best if made 24-48 hours prior to serving. —Melanie Bauder, Manlius, New York
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- SWEET POTATO FILLING:
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Glazed chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes with sugar, evaporated milk, butter, egg, vanilla, spices and salt. Spoon over cheesecake batter. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- 5. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or just until set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 6. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle cheesecake with pecans if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without pecans) equals 489 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC