Holiday Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
"This pleasant bread is a welcome addition to fall meals," pens Christi Ross of Mill Creek, Oklahoma. "No one at our Thanksgiving table could get enough."
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped canned sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Sweet Potato Bread in Quick Cooking December 2000, p19
Reviews for Holiday Sweet Potato Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review