- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Peel squash; cut into 1/2-in. slices, removing seeds when necessary. Put a third of the squash slices in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup crumb mixture. Layer the remaining squash on top, overlapping when necessary. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Top with pecans. Drizzle with maple syrup. Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes more or until squash is done. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Squash in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p19
Reviews for Holiday Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review