Holiday Spruce Cookies Recipe
These easy treats won first prize at our last cookie exchange for "prettiest and best tasting" cookie! They're fun to make, and your kids will like trimming them with red-hot candy ornaments.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:1 servings
- 36 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Red-hot candies
- 12 Tootsie Roll Midgees, cut in half, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, butter, food coloring and almond extract; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; gently stir in cornflakes until well coated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- 2. Using a 3-in. Christmas tree cookie cutter, shape into trees. Add red-hots for ornaments. Press a Tootsie Roll half into the base for tree trunk if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC