These easy treats won first prize at our last cookie exchange for "prettiest and best tasting" cookie! They're fun to make, and your kids will like trimming them with red-hot candy ornaments.
- 36 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Red-hot candies
- 12 Tootsie Roll Midgees, cut in half, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, butter, food coloring and almond extract; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; gently stir in cornflakes until well coated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Using a 3-in. Christmas tree cookie cutter, shape into trees. Add red-hots for ornaments. Press a Tootsie Roll half into the base for tree trunk if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Spruce Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p42
Reviews for Holiday Spruce Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review