- 36 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Red-hot candies
- 12 Tootsie Roll Midgees, cut in half, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, butter, food coloring and almond extract; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; gently stir in cornflakes until well coated. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Using a 3-in. Christmas tree cookie cutter, shape into trees. Add red-hots for ornaments. Press a Tootsie Roll half into the base for tree trunk if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Spruce Cookies
Sort By :
"This has too much almond flavor, maybe with 1/4 to 1/2 tsp it'd be better. It's virtually impossible to work with warm or even at room temp, we just ended up putting them in cupcake molds."
"Make sure to grease up your fingertips because the mixture is stickier than expected and hard to manipulate. We scrapped the cookie cutter after the 2nd "cookie"; it was just easier to shape the tree by hand. My kids - ages 10, 8 and 4 - enjoyed decorating the trees, but quickly handed over the tree shaping responsibility to me. Very cute, but can't say I'd make these again."