“I tried substituting rum extract for vanilla in a classic Christmas recipe, and the end result was a cookie that tasted a lot like eggnog!” writes field editor Lisa Varner of Charleston, South Carolina.
84 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press
- cookies 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with
- colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.