Holiday Spritz Recipe
“I tried substituting rum extract for vanilla in a classic Christmas recipe, and the end result was a cookie that tasted a lot like eggnog!” writes field editor Lisa Varner of Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 cookie equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC