Holiday Spritz Cookies Recipe
These crisp buttery cookies make a welcome gift or sweet party treat. Color the dough in Christmasy hues and use a cookie press to make all kinds of fun shapes.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, optional
- Holiday sprinkles and colored sugars
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Fill cookie press and form into desired shapes on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles and colored sugars.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC