- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy; beat in egg and extract. Gradually beat in flour.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake until bottoms are light brown, 6-9 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Spritz
"The cookies were ok but didn't have a lot of flavor. The disappointment was the recipe barely made three dozen yet it states it will make seven dozen."
"the dough is really easy to work with. the cookies are kind of bland so make sure you add alot of colored sugar to the cookie"
"This one is going in the recipe box! Very rich and buttery. I did add vinilla and nutmeg per someones suggestion and WOW! My whole house smelled wonderful. The best spritz cookie recipe ever!"
"Made this recipe last night. Just great. Easy to make and very tasty. I did add the nutmeg and the vanilla, as recommended. Tastes like my mom's complicated butter cookie recipe and much less mess. Try it. Very easy."
"My sons are eggnog fans so this recipe caught my eye. I added 1/2 a tsp of vanilla and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg with delicious results. It reminds us of our favorite commercially-made vanilla eggnog that is only available at Christmas. As they were cooling, my one son yelled up to the other to come get cookies before he ate them all! We will definitely be making these again before the season ends!"
"I bought a cookie press last year and this recipe is far better tasting than the recipes that came with the cookie press. These holiday spritz have a smooth buttery taste that reminds me of the ones my mother used to make when I was young. Everyone loved these cookies and they were gone in no time."