- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Spritz
Sort By :
"The cookies were ok but didn't have a lot of flavor. The disappointment was the recipe barely made three dozen yet it states it will make seven dozen."
"the dough is really easy to work with. the cookies are kind of bland so make sure you add alot of colored sugar to the cookie"