- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Spritz
Sort By :
"The cookies were ok but didn't have a lot of flavor. The disappointment was the recipe barely made three dozen yet it states it will make seven dozen."
"the dough is really easy to work with. the cookies are kind of bland so make sure you add alot of colored sugar to the cookie"
"This one is going in the recipe box! Very rich and buttery. I did add vinilla and nutmeg per someones suggestion and WOW! My whole house smelled wonderful. The best spritz cookie recipe ever!"
"Made this recipe last night. Just great. Easy to make and very tasty. I did add the nutmeg and the vanilla, as recommended. Tastes like my mom's complicated butter cookie recipe and much less mess. Try it. Very easy."
"My sons are eggnog fans so this recipe caught my eye. I added 1/2 a tsp of vanilla and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg with delicious results. It reminds us of our favorite commercially-made vanilla eggnog that is only available at Christmas. As they were cooling, my one son yelled up to the other to come get cookies before he ate them all! We will definitely be making these again before the season ends!"