Holiday Spiral Ham Recipe
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (8 pounds)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into four wedges
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange pineapple wedges around ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cranberries and apples. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Add the sugar, orange chunks and lemon juice. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Spoon half of the cranberry relish over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut pineapple wedges into large chunks; serve with ham and remaining relish. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 377 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 2042mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Spiral Ham
"I made this ham for our entree for Father's Day dinner. It was good and everyone enjoyed it. However, there is another spiral ham recipe with cranberries on this same site that I liked a little better."
"My husband said this is the best ham he has ever eaten. So yummy and pretty!"
"i usually make a brown sugar glaze but i tried this and everyone loved it!! it made the meat very moist and the flavor was ecellent!! will make next year"
"This sounds amazing. i can't wait to try it."