Holiday Spiral Ham
With its tangy cranberry-apple relish and the pineapple wedges on the side, this moist, festive ham makes a striking centerpiece for any special-occasion meal.—P Lauren Fay-Neri, Syracuse, New York
12-16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (8 pounds)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into four wedges
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange pineapple
- wedges around ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cranberries and apples. Cook
- over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Add the
- sugar, orange chunks and lemon juice. Cook and stir until sugar is
- dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon half of the cranberry relish over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer
- or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before serving. Cut pineapple wedges into large chunks; serve with
- ham and remaining relish. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 377 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 2,042 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.