With its tangy cranberry-apple relish and the pineapple wedges on the side, this moist, festive ham makes a striking centerpiece for any special-occasion meal.—P Lauren Fay-Neri, Syracuse, New York
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (8 pounds)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into four wedges
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange pineapple wedges around ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cranberries and apples. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Add the sugar, orange chunks and lemon juice. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon half of the cranberry relish over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut pineapple wedges into large chunks; serve with ham and remaining relish. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Spiral Ham in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p35
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Holiday Spiral Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review