We don't care for cooked spinach. But we can't get enough of fresh spinach in salads, especially when paired with strawberries, oranges, peanuts! A citrus dressing provides fresh flavor.—Jake Haen, Ocala, Florida
Recommended: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, lettuce, strawberries, oranges, peanuts and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Spinach Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p52
Reviews for Holiday Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review