Holiday Snow Globe Cake Recipe
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Frosted Christmas Tree (see below)
- Porcelain snowman ornament
- 8-inch glass bubble bowl (about 6-inch opening)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line bottoms of two greased 8-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in rum. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coconut milk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold into batter. Transfer batter to prepared pans.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- 5. Using a long serrated knife, trim tops of cakes if domed. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6. Place one cake layer on a serving plate, bottom side down. Spread jam over top to within 3/4 in. of edge; top with 1/2 cup whipped cream. Place second cake layer over whipped cream, bottom side up.
- 7. Spread remaining whipped cream over top and sides of cake; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes. Just before serving, place Frosted Christmas Tree and snowman on center of cake. Carefully invert bowl over decorations. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 512 calories, 29g fat (20g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Snow Globe Cake
"In time for the Holidays"
"Super cute, going to try it"
"can anyone tell me what is best thing to use for the globe and where to find ?"
"Turned out very cute."
"This was a lot of fun to make and it turned out beautiful! I'll probably try a different cake recipe next time for variety."
"Why would people rate a recipe they didn't even try in the first place?!"
"This is too similar to the snow globe cookies featured last year on Taste of Home, therefore I don't see it as an original."
"Terrific cake. Easy to make and very flavorful. I used less sugar in the whipped cream frosting, as the coconut is already sweetened. Everyone asked for the recipe. I did not make the decorations, so I cannot comment on that portion."
"Such a beautiful looking cake,Thanks for sharing."