Holiday Snack Mix
I'm not much of a cook, but my friend insisted that even I could make this awesome mix. She was right! People rave over it whenever I give it as a gift or share it at a gathering.
17 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Golden Grahams
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Grease two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; set aside. In a large
- bowl, combine cereals, coconut and almonds; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 10
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until well coated. Spread onto
- prepared pans. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight
- containers. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 315 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.