Holiday Shortbread Cookies
This special Christmas treat came to me from Scotland through a relative. I compared this recipe with one a friend makes, since her husband is of Scottish descent, and found this shortbread to be quite authentic.
60 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until
- mixture resembles fine crumbs. Pat into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool for
- 10-15 minutes. Cut into small squares. Continue to cool to room
- temperature. Yield: 5 dozen.