Holiday Sandwich Wreath Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 20 slices snack rye bread
- 20 slices snack pumpernickel bread
- HAM SALAD:
- 1/2 pound deli ham salad
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- CHICKEN SALAD:
- 1/2 pound deli chicken salad
- 1/4 cup diced peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Christmas bow, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. In a bowl, combine the ham salad ingredients. In another bowl, combine the chicken salad, apple and sour cream.
- Spread ham salad on half of the rye bread slices; top with remaining rye. Spread chicken salad on half of the pumpernickel bread slices; top with remaining pumpernickel. Arrange sandwiches in a circle on a serving plate. Decorate with a bow if desired. Yield: 20 sandwiches.
Reviews for Holiday Sandwich Wreath
Sort By :
Couldn't be easier unless one followed the recipe! W/o a list, I picked up tuna salad instead. The doctored chicken salad was delicious. In it I used a Gala apple; any firm apple should work. I brightened the tuna w/sandwich spread (the one w/pickles & pimiento.) The wreath was a snap to construct. I got good comments from those who tried it.