- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- Place cranberries and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the onions, cilantro and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, place cream cheese on a serving plate. Drain salsa and spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Holiday Salsa
Sort By :
"Haven't tried this yet but it sounds wonderful and I will do it soon. However, I have a question - could the salsa be blended into the softened cream cheese or would it end up being soupy? I made the spicy cranberry chutney from TOH and that is fantastic!"
"I made this for my New Year's Eve Party. This was everyone's favorite. I am going to make it every hear at Christmas time. 5 stars on presentation and taste. I didn't change a thing."
"I was really excited to make this recipe because not only did it look beautiful in the picture, but it sounded delicious too. I was not disappointed. Everyone at my Christmas party loved it. The only thing I would do differently is use more jalape?o pepper just because my family likes spicy dishes and this was definitely more sweet than hot. I think the balance between the two could be a little better for those that like a "bite" to their food."
"I made this for a tailgate and everyone loved it... asked me for the recipe!! This is so easy to make and so good to eat. It has now become a favorite appetizer !"
"Made this for Thanksgiving. Everyone love it, even my four year old granddaughter could not stop eating it. It seemed that no one could get enough. When dinner was served, we also discovered that it was wonderfully paired with the turkey and ham. Needless to say, there were no leftovers and I found myself making it again the day after Thanksgiving.This is definitely a keeper as everyone is asking me to make it again for Christmas."