- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- Place cranberries and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the onions, cilantro and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, place cream cheese on a serving plate. Drain salsa and spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Holiday Salsa
Sort By :
"Made this for Thanksgiving. Everyone love it, even my four year old granddaughter could not stop eating it. It seemed that no one could get enough. When dinner was served, we also discovered that it was wonderfully paired with the turkey and ham. Needless to say, there were no leftovers and I found myself making it again the day after Thanksgiving.This is definitely a keeper as everyone is asking me to make it again for Christmas."
"Excellent! Will cut back on the sugar a bit next time but, enjoyed it the way it is written also. This one's a keeper, everyone enjoyed it! To solve the problem of soggy crackers, I used whipped cream cheese to spread on crackers and kept the salsa separate to top crackers as they were eaten. This also solved the issue of the cream cheese "curdling" with the leftovers (my husband loves it so much he has me make double batches, at least lol)."
"OMG one of the best recipes ever!! Fab for a work or church party . . .loved it and can't wait to make again and again"
"Easy to make, amazing taste. Everybody loves it, so don't expect leftovers. HINT: Do ensure that you really drain the salsa. The first time I made this recipe, I thought I drained the salsa sufficiently enough. I spooned the salsa over the cream cheese then ended up having to wait before adding crackers to the plate. Otherwise they would have been soggy from the juice that was still seeping from the salsa."
"This recipe was excellent. The combination of flavors was a nice surprise. It was a big hit on Thanksgiving. This one is a keeper."