- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- Place cranberries and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the onions, cilantro and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, place cream cheese on a serving plate. Drain salsa and spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Holiday Salsa
"The perfect balance of sweet and spicy, and so pretty on the plate!"
"This was a very sophisticated, easy to make addition to our holiday party menu. The sugar offsets the heat of the pepper and the cream cheese tempers it. The recipe calls for a whole bag of cranberries, which made a large batch. I used only a third of it for one block of cream cheese, which I cut in half horizontally to cover the bottom of my serving dish. For large gatherings, you can easily top 3-4 bricks of cream cheese. We used the leftovers as salsa for tortilla chips."
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/appetizers/recipes""
"Haven't tried this yet but it sounds wonderful and I will do it soon. However, I have a question - could the salsa be blended into the softened cream cheese or would it end up being soupy? I made the spicy cranberry chutney from TOH and that is fantastic!"
"I made this for my New Year's Eve Party. This was everyone's favorite. I am going to make it every hear at Christmas time. 5 stars on presentation and taste. I didn't change a thing."