You know it’s an amazing salsa when your guests hover around the serving bowl ’til it’s scraped clean! This boasts fresh cilantro, cranberries and just a hint of heat. —Shelly Pattison, Lubbock, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- Place cranberries and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse
- until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the
- onions, cilantro and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours
- or overnight.
- To serve, place cream cheese on a serving plate. Drain salsa and
- spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: 12
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.