With its pretty presentation and tangy taste, it's easy to see why this delightful salad is always a hit. with . At holidays, I ask each of my family members for their favorite food, and this salad is always requested by my daughter. &mdah;Pat Schmeling, Germantown, Wisconsin
Featured In: 15 Make-Ahead Salad Recipes
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups chopped watercress (about 1-1/2 bunches)
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cheese, walnuts and 3 tablespoons dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Just before serving, combine romaine and watercress in a large bowl; drizzle with reserved dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 12 salad plates; top with apple mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Salad in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Holiday Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review