Holiday Rice Salad Recipe
It's nice to prepare a cold salad like this when entertaining because it can be made ahead and doesn't take up valuable oven space.
- 7 cups cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or additional dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 241 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC