Holiday Ribbon Gelatin Recipe
Layers of red and green make this festive salad a favorite during the Christmas season. Kids are sure to find it fun to eat, and adults will enjoy the combination of sweet-tart flavors. —Jenny Hughson, Mitchell, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add 2 cups cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate until firm but not set, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Cool for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Gradually beat in lemon gelatin. Stir in pineapple. Carefully spoon over the lime layer. Chill until firm but not set.
- 3. Dissolve cherry gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add remaining cold water; stir. Spoon over the lemon layer. Refrigerate entire gelatin salad overnight. Cut into squares to serve. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC