Holiday Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Spoon into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 283 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Pumpkin Bread
"This pumpkin bread is delicious! Very nice flavor! I just used 2 cups of sugar - 3 seemed to be too much. Will make it again!"