This recipe has been in my family for about 30 years. We are not big pumpkin eaters, but no one turns down a slice of this bread.—Gale Spross, Wills Point, Texas
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Holiday Pumpkin Bread in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p21
Reviews for Holiday Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2016
"This pumpkin bread is delicious! Very nice flavor! I just used 2 cups of sugar - 3 seemed to be too much. Will make it again!"