Holiday Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This recipe has been in my family for about 30 years. We are not big pumpkin eaters, but no one turns down a slice of this bread.Gale Spross, Wills Point, Texas
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Holiday Pumpkin Bread in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p21
Reviews for Holiday Pumpkin Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review