Holiday Pound Cake
This cake is attractive and it tastes good, too. I'm always asked for the recipe.
-Nancy Reichert, Thomasville, Georgia
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup well-drained maraschino cherries
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, divided
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Additional cherries and pecans for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Sift flour
- together with baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture.
- Fold in cherries and 1/2 cup nuts. Sprinkle remaining nuts into a
- greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at
- 325° for about 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 5 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Cool thoroughly. Make a glaze with confectioners' sugar and milk;
- drizzle over cake. Garnish top with cherries and pecans if desired.