- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup well-drained maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Additional cherries and pecans for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Sift flour together with baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cherries and 1/2 cup nuts. Sprinkle remaining nuts into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 325° for about 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Cool thoroughly. Make a glaze with confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Garnish top with cherries and pecans if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Pound Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p7
Reviews for Holiday Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"Made this without the pecans. Delicious!"