This cake is attractive and it tastes good, too. I'm always asked for the recipe. -Nancy Reichert, Thomasville, Georgia
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup well-drained maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Additional cherries and pecans for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Sift flour together with baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cherries and 1/2 cup nuts. Sprinkle remaining nuts into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 325° for about 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Cool thoroughly. Make a glaze with confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Garnish top with cherries and pecans if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Pound Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p7
Reviews for Holiday Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"Made this without the pecans. Delicious!"