- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Place pork roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the ginger, garlic, sage and salt; rub over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Combine jelly and pepper sauce; brush over roast. Arrange carrots and onions around roast. Pour 1/2 cup water into pan. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Skim fat from pan drippings. Transfer drippings and vegetables to a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan. Add browning sauce if desired and remaining water; heat through. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Holiday Pork Roast with Ginger Gravy
Sort By :
"this recipe is good with chicken wings"
"Will definitely make this again. But, didn't use the sage; we don't like sage. It was delicious!"
"This is a very good recipe. It helps to read all the words in a recipe. 2 carrots are plenty for what they are used for."
"I will definitely not make this again. No one liked it and it probably was the sage in combination with the other ingredients."
"Very good...but I recommend more carrots. 2 medium carrots will not feed 16 people."