Holiday Pork Loin Roast Recipe
This is the only way my family will let me prepare pork roast. A flavorful currant sauce complements each mouthwatering bite.—Karen Ellinwood, Liberty Center, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup dry sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- CURRANT SAUCE:
- 1 jar (12 ounces) red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or broth, mustard, ginger, thyme and garlic; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, pouring the reserved marinade over meat during the last hour of baking. Baste occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until the jelly is melted. Serve with pork. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC