Holiday Pistachio Dessert Recipe
For my best festive menu, I make this "famous" dessert, which my children gobble up immediately. It’s a hit at every gathering! —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:15 servings
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, walnuts and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in half of the whipped cream; spread over crust. Stir remaining confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped cream; refrigerate until serving.
- 4. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- 5. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and, if desired, chocolate curls. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece (calculated without chocolate curls) equals 279 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC