Holiday Pistachio Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, walnuts and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Fold in half of the whipped cream; spread over crust. Stir remaining confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped cream; refrigerate until serving.
- 4. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- 5. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and, if desired, chocolate curls. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 279 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Holiday Pistachio Dessert
"Delicious. But I'd double the filling. You can never have too much pistachio."
"Easy to make. Looked impressive. Tasted great. I used gluten free Bisquick. I ended up adding more butter and cooking the crust a bit longer. It was delicious. I also just spread the whipped cream over the top. It was a pot luck dinner and was just easier. It made a great statement for St. Patrick's Day."
"I doubled the filling- both cream cheese/confectioner's sugar layer and the pistachio pudding layer. I can't see how the original recipe would turn out as written for a 13x9 inch pan- mine looked fantastic and full when doubled. I also did not put the whipping cream in the cream cheese layer but rather just on top of the pistachio pudding layer once set and then garnished with crushed walnuts. The crust was DELICIOUS and the entire dessert was good! Needs to have the filling doubled, in my opinion- to be served to guests"
"Really good! I used chopped pecans instead of walnuts. Really good! Definitely a keeper. However, I did 1.5 times the ingredients because all my layers did seem a little thin, and doubling the ingredients was too thick. But it was delicious!"
"make it low fat! use neufchatel cream cheese, 1% milk & 1 1/2 cups fat- free vanilla GREEK yogurt, divided, to replace the whipped cream. still tastes great and you feel less guilty! also you can use graham crackers laid flat , to cut out the butter and replace the crust , but the walnuts are a must! just stir into cream cheese layer- which makes this a no-bake recipe as well!"
"My husband loves pistachio so I had to make this recipe. This is one of the better pistachio desserts there is!"
"My picky eater even likes these."
"I've made this with chocolate pudding and with butterscotch too. Ive used pecan sandies and butter for the crust. Good recipe. I make it for alot of family gatherings"
"I use Pepper Ridge farm chess cookies for crust. Cuts my time in half and still tastes great!"
"This recipe has been around for ages. As far back as I can remember. My mother makes it every Christmas for the Adams Family gathering. It is a must have or she never hears the end of it."
"I made this recipe for pot luck on St. Patrick day and every one loved, wanted to take it all home with them and wants the recipe, which I will share, I LOVED IT, so easy to make."
"Kippendog, It's Bisquick. Can be purchase in any grocery store."
"Kippendog, it's Bisquick."
"I made this for a dinner serving about 40 people. They all raved about it and some asked me for the recipe. It was so easy to make and everyone loved it. I will be making this again many times."
"For us Yanks just what is biscuit/baking mix?"
"This is NOT QUICK"
"My mom has been making this recipe since I was 2 years old! I absolutely love it. So tasty"